Are you looking for a custom Area Rug and can’t seem to find what you are looking for? Do you have a throw pillow you’re trying to match and can’t find exactly what you need? At Canopy Floors & Interiors, we have the perfect solution: Custom Area Rugs! We will take your ideas and make them into exactly what you want. From cutting and binding to dying and shaving, we will give you the perfect rug for your space. Call 904-624-7002 or fill out the free quote form below!
Benefits of Area Rugs
A room’s “fifth wall,” also known as the floor, can showcase dramatic area rugs that are so breathtaking in color and design, they’re like works of art. Because rugs can change the feel of a space in minutes—you can even do a room makeover on your lunch hour. Rugs look great layered over carpet or can be used to add warmth and color to hardwood, laminate, resilient-vinyl, or tile.
No matter what your tastes, décor style, or preferences are, we can help. We offer rugs that come in many different styles and designs to make it easy to find the right look for you.
It’s important to know the major decision points when shopping for this exciting purchase, so here are a few tips to get you started:
- Color – Light colored rugs make a room seem airy, while darker styles create an intimate feeling.
- Pattern – If you are looking to create a focal point, opt for bold colors and more active or ornate designs. However, if a rug’s purpose is to quietly complement existing décor, a solid color or subtle pattern works best.
- Durability – In a room with heavy traffic, a solid, dark rug works best to disguise wear and tear. On the other hand, for an heirloom that you want to survive generations, invest in a rug with timeless design and steady construction.
Choosing an Area Rug
Just about any room can use an area rug. It adds instant color and style. Plus, rugs are inspiring! Get your creativity going with the hottest trending rugs—in designs that sparkle with color, pattern, and texture while they spark the imagination!
When you shop, expect to see rugs in myriad shapes, sizes, and price ranges—and in every style, from contemporary to traditional. Here are some things to consider on your way to finding your fave:
- Design – Rug designs usually fall into contemporary, traditional, or transitional categories. Generally, geometric and simple patterns work well in contemporary rooms, while florals and other organics are nice in traditional spaces. A lot of solid rugs are seen lending texture, interest, and have a very chic look. But, if the activity level is high at your house, keep in mind that patterned rugs are forgiving and less likely to show stains!
- Color – The color on your floor makes a big impact in the room, so it’s important to give it serious consideration when you’re rug shopping. Of course, your new rug needs to coordinate – but, it can either quietly and subtly complement your décor, make a bold splash as a focal point, or become the basis for your entire design scheme.
- Fiber – Rugs can come in both natural and man-made fibers. Wool, silk, cotton, and jute are natural fibers. These natural fibers are often prized for their appealing appearance, warmth, and – in the case of wool and silk – their luster. However, rugs made of natural fibers are usually on the pricier side. On the other hand, rugs constructed of man-made fibers like nylon and polypropylene are usually far cheaper. These rugs can have an elegance that mimics that of natural-fiber rugs and are also durable and easy to maintain. Many of these rugs have recycled content and are even fully recyclable.
Care and Maintenance of Area Rugs
If you are looking for specific care requirements, please reference your area rug warranty! But, if you are looking for general information, here are some basic tips and facts:
- Regular cleaning – Regular vacuuming will help rugs maintain their beauty and will extend their useful life. Vacuum twice weekly in light/medium traffic areas, and daily in heavy traffic areas.
- Shag-type rugs – Long yarns tend to wrap around beater-bars, and vacuum brushes will damage the fiber. So, in order to avoid this damage, disconnect the beater-bar. Also, you may want to purchase a carpet rake to use in conjunction with your vacuum.
- Occasional cleaning – professional carpet cleaning is recommended periodically using the hot water extraction method. Do not dry clean your rugs or use bleach.
- Handling spills – Clean food and beverage spills immediately. Blot with a clean cloth, then spot clean with a solution of clear dishwashing detergent and water (¼ tsp dishwashing detergent to 1 quart of warm water). Rinse with water and blot dry. Do not dry clean and do not bleach. BLOT ONLY! Do not rub or scrub!
Stop in (2248 South 8th St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034) and look through our selection!