Why Tile Flooring?
For floor décor that’s creative, practical, and charming, tile is unbeatable. Coming in amazing colors, shapes, textures, and sizes, tile will give you plenty of options to make a floor super stylish.
One of the best things about tile is the ability to install it in special patterns that add interest to your floor. These patterns are easy to create and offer endless variety, which is another plus! You can alternate colors for a dramatic, two-toned effect. Or even mix sizes and shapes, choosing between repeated or random patterns. No matter how you lay tile, it’s sure to make a statement.
With a long history as one of the most durable flooring materials available, tile is also a great choice for rooms that see a lot of wear or moisture. It resists stains and scratches and is easy to clean. The result is a floor that’s not only beautiful, but practical as well.
Call 904-624-7002 or fill out the free quote form below!
Tile Flooring Manufacturers
Marazzi has been a premier U.S. manufacturer for over 30 years, continually pushing the envelope on tile capabilities. Leading edge design, exceptional quality and ready availability distinguish the brand. A total tile package – porcelains, glazed ceramics, glass mosaics, natural stones and metallics – address the myriad aesthetic and performance requirements of homeowners, designers and architects.
Interceramic Tile offers a wide variety of tile flooring. Featuring both modern and classic tile designs, you are sure to find something that fits your style. Whether you are looking for quality glass, ceramic, porcelain, or metal tile, Interceramic has what you need.
Baystone Tile products include antico onyx travertine tile flooring, ceramic tile flooring, travertine pavers, travertine tile, tile pavers, slate, porcelain tile glass mosaic tile and kitchen tile backsplash options.
Akua Mosaics has crafted countless mosaic tiles in materials ranging from glass, stone, glass with metal and stone, porcelain, recycled glass, marble, mother of pearl to pebble stone and shell. These mosaic tiles lend versatility to both home and commercial areas and can be used in either interior or exterior applications.
SomerTile is a leading national wholesale tile distributor which specializes in designer ceramic, porcelain and cement tiles, as well as stunning mosaics that offer luxury within reach. SomerTile offers mosaic tile, porcelain tile, ceramic tile, glass tile, natural material and trim pieces.
Installation of Tile Flooring
If you want a problem-free installation, here’s a checklist of things to do before the installer arrives:
- Make sure you know who’s removing what’s existing.
- Decide in advance if you want to move your furniture or if you want the installer to handle it.
- Remember, your linear or rectangular tile should run parallel to windows or, in narrow rooms, to the longest wall.
- Measure door clearances before you have your tile installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may rub.
- Paint first! If you’re planning to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in the room, it’s best to do it before tile is installed.
To make sure your tile floor looks good for a long time to come, proper installation is critical. Below is the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow:
- Subfloor – Tile must be installed over a subfloor that’s structurally sound, rigid, level, smooth, and clean. Sometimes, a cement backer board must be laid first. Preparing the subfloor is the most critical step in achieving a good installation, and your professional installer will know how to do it.
- Installation – First, the installer will determine your tile layout. Then, using chalk-lines as a guide, your installer will spread thin set mortar in small areas and will place the tiles in it. Spacers are used between tiles so that they are evenly placed. After the mortar sets, grout will be applied.
- Cleaning and curing – The installer will carefully clean the tiles, ridding them of all grout. After the installation is complete, it’s necessary to stay off the floor for 24-48 hours.
It’s a good idea to check with us directly to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation. Just call 904-624-7002 to talk with a member of our friendly sales staff.
Care and Maintenance of Tile Flooring
If you are looking for specific care requirements, please be sure to reference your tile floor warranty. For your general information, however, here are some basic tips and facts:
- As needed, sweep your floor to remove dirt and grit.
- Wipe spills promptly.
- Damp mop once a week (or more often for heavy traffic areas) using a special cleaner – just ask your sales associate if you need guidance for a recommendation.
- Make sure the cleanser you use is a neutral pH compatible with grout cleaning. Never use detergent or soap, which can dull the surface or promote mildew growth. Cleaners should never contain acids, vinegar, chlorines, or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage and discolor the grout and the tile.
- Use protective mats in entryways and pads under furniture legs.
- Make sure you wait the proper amount of time for grout to cure before you apply a sealer.
Stop in (2248 South 8th St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034) and look through our selection!