Make Your Floors Last With a Little Maintenance
It’s a wise idea to clean up any spills immediately before your floor has a chance to stain. It is also a wise idea to place welcome mats and rugs throughout the home to help absorb excess dirt. Lastly, it’s always a wise idea to protect your new floor from too much direct sunlight. Get in touch with Jerry’s Carpet Sales and Service near York, PA today!
A little maintenance can go a long way when it comes to your new floors. Whether you installed carpet, wood, tile, vinyl, or laminate floors, below are a few tips on how to keep your floor clean and free from damage.
- Clean spills immediately
- Reduce the amount of dirt and moisture tracked into the house by placing a natural or colorfast mat outside the entrances
- Trim your pets nails to prevent scratches
- Support furniture with floor protectors that are at least one inch in diameter (replace regularly)
- Lay a plywood panel on your flooring while moving appliances or any furniture. Walk the item across to prevent scuffs and gouges
- Replace hard, narrow furniture rollers with wide rubber rollers
- Limit direct sunlight exposure
- DO NOT use foam back, rubber, or plastic mats as these can discolor the flooring
- DO NOT use bleach, ammonia-based cleaners, detergents, abrasive cleaning soaps, wax-based products, polishes, oil soaps, or acidic materials like vinegar
- DO NOT wear shoes with spike heels or heel taps on the hardwood flooring
- Leave your shoes at the door if at all possible to avoid potentially dragging in sharp objects in your shoe treads